Finland Country: Do you know which is the happiest country in the world? Finland, a European country, is reminiscent of the never-setting sun after listening. What makes it the happiest country in the world is its beautiful nature, well-functioning public service, and the least amount of crime.
About Finland Country
Finland is a Nordic country in Northern Europe. It is bordered by Sweden to the west, Norway to the north, and Russia to the east. The capital is Helsinki. Finland is a parliamentary republic with a central government based in the capital, Helsinki, and 21 regional governments.
The president, who is the head of state, is elected by the people and serves a six-year term. The prime minister is appointed by the president and is the head of government. The unicameral parliament, the Eduskunta, has 200 members who are elected to four-year terms.
The economy of Finland country is a mixed economy with a heavy emphasis on services, which account for 73% of the GDP. The principal exports are machinery, electronics, and forest products. The principal imports are food, chemicals, transport equipment, and textiles. Finland joined the European Union in 1995.
Population & Official Language
The population of Finland is 5.5 million. The majority of the people are Finns (92.1%). The largest minority groups are the Swedes (5.6%) and the Russians (1.3%). The official language is Finnish.
The climate of Finland is temperate with four distinct seasons. The average temperature in Helsinki is −3.9°C (25.0°F) in January and 17.5°C (63.5°F) in July.
Interesting Things about Finland Country
- Finland attracts people due to its food and peculiar sports. For example, imagine someday when you wake up late, your family member throws you into the water. It may sound like a punishment, but in Finland, it is celebrated every year as National Sleepy Head Day, In which family members who get up late are woken up by throwing into the water.
- The list of unique sports and spots in Finland is very long. Every year a race is organized there, in which the husband carries his wife on his shoulder and runs. The winner gets a beer reward equal to the weight of his wife.
- Apart from this, mosquito catching, swamp football, and throwing rubber boots. Many such strange games are played in Finland with great enthusiasm, which shows that the people of Finland are pretty calm and carefree. You never know. Maybe this is why this country is the happiest in the world.
- In addition, the prisons in Finland are one of the most elaborate prisons in the world. Many prisons here are better than many Indian hotels, so how do you think we can make India like or better than Finland? Let us know by commenting below.
10 Amazing Facts about Finland Country
- Finland is a country in Northern Europe bordering Sweden to the west, Norway to the north, and Russia to the east.
- The official name of Finland is the Republic of Finland.
- Helsinki is the capital and largest city of Finland.
- Finland is a parliamentary republic with a president as head of state and a prime minister as head of government.
- The Finnish language is the national language of Finland.
- The majority of the population of Finland is Lutheran.
- It has a population of approximately 5.5 million people.
- It is a member of the European Union.
- Finland Country has a GDP of $269.5 billion and a GDP per capita of $48,600.
- Finland’s main exports are machinery, electronics, and forest products.
Top Places to Visit in Finland
More Amazing Facts Like Finland Country
Thanks for reading this Finland Country: World’s Happiest Country. We appreciate your time and patience. If this blog helps you understand something, let us know in the comment section below.
Read Also: North Sentinel Island | 5 Amazing Facts
If you have any queries or suggestions on the above post, kindly reach out by the social handle or click on the Contact page.